As additional cases of COVID-19 are being diagnosed in our community, I want to provide an update on our current status as well as review the actions that we have taken to ensure the health and safety of your loved one.
At this time, one individual served by Progressive Lifestyles has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19. Additional individuals are being monitored and tested in cooperation with the Oakland County Health Division based on their symptoms and/or contact with the affected individual. All guardians of individuals identified as needing additional screening have been contacted and are fully informed of all procedures.
I also want to share with family members that Progressive Lifestyles hosted a group event last Tuesday at which the individual with the confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis was in attendance. At this time, we have not been advised by the Oakland County Health Division that attendees at the event are at any increased risk. If you would like to know if your family member attended, please contact your home manager.
In order to ensure the safety of all individuals, we have put the following protocol in place for all homes:
- All staff and individuals served are being screened frequently for flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If any symptoms are identified, our procedure includes notifying guardians and seeking medical screening immediately.
- No non-guardian visitors are being permitted in our homes. We are asking guardians to limit visits to only those that are absolutely necessary.
- We are following and will continue to follow all Health Division recommendations for quarantine and personal protective equipment in any homes that have suspected or confirmed cases.
- In addition to frequently washing hands and using hand sanitizer, all homes are completing full disinfection protocols 3 times per day.
- All community outings, day programs, and other activities outside the home have been postponed temporarily. We will be working closely with health authorities to determine when these activities can resume.
- We have added a COVID-19 Updates page to our website where you can review previous communications and stay informed as we navigate this crisis.
In the midst of this challenging situation, it is incredibly important that we take a moment to acknowledge the amazing staff that are working so very hard to provide the best possible care to the individuals that we serve.
We will continue to keep you informed about any developments and I encourage you to reach out with any questions.